*Online enrollment for personal users only. Please call us for business enrollment.
Mobile Banking Application
Banking on the go... now you can download the new Online Banking Mobile App for High Country Bank in your App Store!
We are excited to announce the release of the HCB Mobile App, with Mobile Deposit! You don’t have to disrupt your out-and-about plans to get checks into your High Country Bank account. With our new Mobile Deposit feature, simply use your smartphone to take a photo of your check – even while you’re snapping pics of your gorgeous outdoor adventures!
Mobile Deposit is fast, secure and easy as can be:
- Create a log-in for online banking if you haven’t already done so.
- Download our Mobile Deposit app at the Apple® AppStore or Google Play™ (search High Country Bank or HCB).
- Log into the app and take a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check.
- Enter the deposit amount and follow the instructions to complete the deposit.
Mobile Deposit is just one more way we’re building futures together – and making lives easier!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I access Mobile Deposit –Image Upload?
Mobile Deposit is available to everyone with a High Country Bank checking or savings account. To access Remote Deposit:
- Download the High Country Bank App from your app store
- Sign into the app using your internet banking credentials
- Simply click on Mobile Deposit and follow the steps from there!
To view High Country Banks Mobile Deposit Terms & Conditions – Please login to your High Country Bank online banking - proceed to the customer service tab at the top - then choose disclosures. There you will find a list of all our online disclosures including Mobile Deposit.
What kind of checks can I deposit?
We’ll accept U.S. personal, business, and federal checks.
Deposits that won’t be accepted include:
- Foreign Checks
- Postal Money Orders
- Savings Bonds
- Checks payable to another person
Do I need to endorse a check submitted with Mobile Deposit?
Yes. For a check to be accepted, an endorsement is required, just as you would if depositing in a branch. Please also include, "High Country Bank Mobile Deposit" on the back of the check. If check is submitted and doesn't have “High Country Bank Mobile Deposit” on the back of the check, it will be rejected upon review. We will be required to reverse the deposit, and you will be required to submit the check for deposit at a branch location.
Are there any additional fees to use Mobile Deposit?
No, Mobile Deposit is a FREE* service for you to deposit checks into your High Country Bank account(s), faster.
*Overdraft, NSF and other account fees still apply & there may be charges by your cellular provider associated with data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
What should I do with my check after I deposit it?
Retain your check until you receive an email from us confirming that your check has been successfully deposited. After that, go ahead and void the check by writing "VOID" across it, keep it in a safe place for 14 days and then securely destroy.
When will my check deposit be available?
Checks deposited using Mobile Deposit are available SAME DAY, with a few exceptions of course. Here’s the breakdown:
- Checks deposited into a personal High Country Bank account for less than $200 – are available the same business day. You may also deposit up to $500 on the same day, limit of 3 checks per day, anything over our standard limits will need to be reviewed by our E-Banking team, and in that case we’ll notify you of our decision via email.
- Checks deposited into business High Country Bank account for less than $1000– are available the same business day. You may also deposit up to $2,500 on the same day, limit of 10 checks per day, anything over our standard limits will need to be reviewed by our E-Banking team, and in that case we’ll notify you of our decision via email.
* Above stated rules are standard deposit limits for Mobile Deposit. In some cases, you may be approved for higher limits. Give us a call for more information.
Is there a cut off time in order to have funds available the same business day?
As long as the deposited check is inside of our standard mobile banking limits, or your adjusted user limits, you’ll get same day availability even on holidays! If your check is outside of your limits, and it is after 4 PM MT Monday through Friday, and anytime on Saturdays, Sundays or federal holidays, we will review your deposit, and if it’s approved it will be processed the next business day and made available based on the information above.
Can the funds come back out of my account once they show deposited?
Yes. As a service to our customers, we give same day funds availability to the checks you deposit (see limit restrictions above). As with paper checks, there is still the opportunity for the institution that holds the account the check is drawn off of to return the check because of insufficient funds or other reasons. The process for recovering the funds from these checks is the same as if you deposited a paper check. Additionally, failure to adhere to our mobile deposit terms and conditions can result in a deposit reversal, most commonly for a check made out to anyone other than the account holder or failing to properly code your check as “High Country Bank Mobile Deposit.” See below for more information on check rejects.
I noticed my check was rejected, what happened?
There are a few reasons why your check may have been rejected. Don’t worry; we’ll let you know what the issue was with your check and send you an email with the reason.
What would cause my check to be rejected?
There are a few reasons why your check would be rejected; the most common is issues with the image itself. Make sure you have a clear image with all four corners and try it again! If you still can’t get it to go, feel free to call us!
Here are a few examples:
- We can’t read your check
- The corners of your check are cut off
- The image is too light or too dark
- Information on the check is unclear
- Check is greater than the Mobile Deposit limit
- You’re missing a signature on the back
- It’s a duplicate check
- Your check is not properly endorsed "High Country Bank Mobile Deposit” for remote mobile deposit.
- Check is payable to someone other than the account holder.