Identity Theft Checklist
- Check your credit report annually.
- Review your bills and statements on a regular basis.
- Guard your mail and trash from theft.
- Use caution when giving out personal information.
- Copy the contents of your wallet or purse.
- Report lost or stolen checks or credit cards immediately.
- Identity Theft Help For Victims
- Notify your financial institution. You may reach High Country Bank at 719.539.2516 or toll-free at 1-800-201-0557.
- Contact the fraud departments of the 3 major credit bureaus:
- Inform your credit issuers.
- File a police report with your local law enforcement.
- For additional information and advice you can call the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Identity Theft Hotline toll-free at 1-8777-IDTHEFT (438-4338) or visit their ID Theft Website at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity.