Around The Community are events that are going on in our communities. Below are links that take you to the local Chamber of Commerce's and their event calendars. High Country Bank cares for our local community; each branch participates in promoting and collecting for a local charity each month.
Tenderfoot Cancer Climb
High Country Bank Climbers gathered together on Saturday, May 2, 2015, to join the community for the annual Tenderfoot Cancer Climb. The top of “S” Mountain was our destination, then back down where we received our “Made It to the Top” sticker. The climb raised $15,000.00 for Cancer research.
Darren Patterson Christian Academy and Longfellow Elementary visits
On May 12, 2015, 18 kindergarten students from DPCA, their teacher and several volunteers, had a Field Trip to High Country Bank in Buena Vista.
As in past years, the students got a tour of the entire building and metsome of the staff. The students enjoyed watching
the tubes in the drive-thru be sent out and back in and the coin counter demonstration. (Demonstrations by Amer Taylor-Teller and Jerri Oliver - Head Teller) Each student received a High Country Bank pouch filled with a dollar coin and other items to commemorate their visit.
On Thursday April 30, 2015, Jodi Baldwin (VP Operations), Nick Tessitore (Customer Service Representative), Chelsea Sack (Accounting) and Brenda Spezze (AVP Operations), visited Longfellow Elementary School in Salida, CO. Bank representatives left the boardroom for the 1st Grade classroom to motivate and instill positive money management habits at a young age, to over 100 students. High Country Bank is committed to our community and welcomed the opportunity to bring financial education to our youth.
High Country Bank offers the following tips for money-savvy parents raising money-smart kids:
- Set the example of a responsible money manager by paying bills on time, being a conscientious spender and an active saver.
- Talk openly about money with your kids. Communicate your values and experiences with money.
- Explain the difference between needs and wants, the value of saving and budgeting and the consequences of not doing so.
- Open a savings account for your children and take them with you to make deposits.
- Engage your community. Many schools, banks and community organizations share your commitment to creating a money-savvy generation.
High Country Bank is a proud sponsor of CKS Paddlefest May 22-25, 2015!
Event details at CKS Paddlefest